Architect, Engineer, & Design Professional Malpractice Attorneys
Results-Driven Legal Representation for Clients Across Houston
At Hawash Cicack & Gaston, our team of skilled lawyers is committed to representing and fighting for the rights of business and property owners who have been the victims of architect, engineer, or design professional malpractice. When it comes to the design and construction of a building, the contracted professionals are expected to exercise ordinary skill, reasonable care, and due diligence in all of the services to provide to their clients. Similar to doctors and lawyers, professionals like architects, engineers, and design professionals also have a legal duty to adhere to professional standards of conduct, rules of practice, and other minimum levels of competence that other established professionals in their field consider the applicable standard of care.
Common Examples of Architect, Engineer & Design Professional Malpractice
Although there are a variety of factors that go into designing and constructing commercial structures for business owners, some contracted professionals hired for such projects fail to pay close attention to crucial details and neglect standard practices that ultimately result in significant disruptions, delays, and costly financial losses.
The following are common architectural, engineering, and design deficiencies that can result in a professional malpractice lawsuit:
- Failure to properly research architectural and engineering plans, blueprints, and other planning documents
- Failure to follow the clients' plans
- Failure to comply with federal and state codes, statutes, and regulations
- Failure to properly supervise design or engineering personnel
- Failure to provide building plans and requested schematics in a timely manner
- Failure to complete the terms of a contractual agreement
- Failure to use qualified consultants and workers on the project
- Failure to assist in the government review process
- Failure to account for the relevant mechanical, structural, electrical, and geographical needs
- Failure to provide technical assistance in the preparation of bid documents and agreements between clients and contractors
Reliable & Effective Legal Advocates Fighting for Your Rights
Hawash Cicack & Gaston has decades of combined experience handling professional malpractice cases on behalf of business owners throughout Houston and the surrounding areas. We proudly use our firm’s extensive resources and insightful legal knowledge to help business owners in a wide range of industries take legal action against negligent architects, engineers, surveyors, and other designers who fail to fulfill their contractual obligations.
We understand that this area of law can be complicated, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our legal team to set up your case consultation with one of our esteemed legal professionals. Call (713) 589-7249 or fill out our convenient online form today.